So in about 3 hours I will be in the airport or on the way to it in order to pick up the first leg of my journey. Heading out to Chicago to pick up a flight to Istanbul then to T*A.
I am sad that I was not given the traveler’s blessing in front of my congregation (the third rabbi didn’t have it on her calendar, Rabbi R was doing a service off-site, Rabbi B was in the other service). I could go on about how disappointed I am but really that isn’t going to be very productive. At least after services, I was given it by Rabbi B. I am quite worried about the flight although I hear Turkish Air has good food and free wine.
I am doing all of this out of a backpack so people wanted to know my list. Here is the list.
Bathing Suit / Shorts – NEED TO DO TRAVEL REVIEW on Scottevest Travel boxers
nice khakis (men) (for Shabbat/going out)
(1) nice shirt (for Shabbat)
(1) shirt for “going out” as if I will go out but this is short sleeve and falling apart
(3) packages of Onederwear – 15 – Youtube review
(2) pair of socks
(2) short-sleeved shirts (1 tye-dye tee, 1 wool base layer NEED TO DO TRAVEL REVIEW)
(1) long-sleeved shirts
1 pair of nicer shoes (for Shabbat)
Belt (for Shabbat)
nail clippers – can double as scissors
travel toothbrush – comes with cap
mini travel hairbrush/mirror combo
set of earplugs
two individual packages of shampoo
hand soap sheets – NEED TO DO TRAVEL REVIEW
Razors + shaving gel
Medications – Klonopin, Keppra, Testosterone.
Israel book plus Map of Jerusalem
Spiritual pilgrims guide
Mishkan T’fila for travelers
Emergency hooded poncho
Travel Towel – doubles as washcloth, light blanket, or pillow – NEED TO DO TRAVEL REVIEW
Travel umbrella – doubles as sunshade
Water bottle – NEED TO DO TRAVEL REVIEW
Plug Adapter for electrical appliances
Passport + atm cards in holder
Shequels and USD
Camera, batteries, charger, USB wire
Sweater – SeV hoody NEED TO DO TRAVEL REVIEW
(7) Contact lens containers to use as Testosterone holders (13) plus 1 pill case
BORROWING from someone if needed
TO WEAR ON PLANE
(2) long sleeved shirts – one wool base layer, one Scottevest shirt – NEED TO DO TRAVEL REVIEW ON BOTH
(1) tallit katan – wear on plane, doubles as undershirt, can wash it halfway through.
(1) Diva cup – can wear on plane just in case
(1) set of sandals – doubles as water shoes / sturdy shoes for hiking / walking
(1) Cargo pants
(1) Scottevest travel vest – NEED TO DO TRAVEL REVIEW
Laptop + charger
Cell phone + cord + ear piece
I also learned that there is going to be a solar eclipse so I am bringing supplies to make a diy solar filter just in case: electrical tape, two cups, and an emergency blanket.